If you think you have what it takes to join our team, here’s how to do it:
- Do your homework: Find out who we are and learn about our values.
- Make sure your resume is current: Check and recheck for spelling and grammatical errors and don’t forget to contact your references.
- Apply. When you find an opening that matches your qualifications, apply directly.
- Submit your resume as part of the application process: A Microsoft Word document or a PDF are the best formats to use, as they are searchable by our system. Note: resumes are not accepted in lieu of completing an application.
What happens next?
You will be contacted by Human Resources for a telephone interview: If we’re interested in you, one of our HR representatives will call you. This may be to find out additional information about and/or to schedule an on-site interview
Prepare for your interview
There may be multiple interviews: Depending on the position you are applying for, you may meet with more than one person during your initial visit meeting, or you may be asked to be available for additional interviews. You may be meeting with a representative from HR, the hiring manager (your potential future manager), team leaders, and colleagues in similar roles.
- Write thank you notes to everyone you meet during the interview process: Ask for business cards to help you keep track of the names.
- After any interview, you will be kept informed of your status: During your interview, you will be given a contact name in case you have any questions. Allow at least a week or two before reaching out to find out your application status. An offer may be extended: If we like what we heard and feel that you would contribute to our team, we will extend an employment offer.
- You may not be right for a particular position: If you are not selected, you can consider other positions. Feel free to call your HR contact to find out what would have made you a better candidate and what other roles might be more appropriate.
- After acceptance, a hiring date is agreed upon: During the interview process, one of the questions may have been about your availability to begin work. Some positions require training or orientation, and your start date may depend upon those processes.
Before you can begin work with YES, the following Administrative checks must be completed or verified in your personnel file:
- A completed application
- A Criminal Background check
- A NC Health Care Registry screening
- A Sex Offender screening (in some cases/not always required)
- You must have a valid NC Drivers License
- Original transcripts
A comprehensive on-boarding process ensures a smooth start: We make sure you have all the tools, information, and resources needed when you begin work with Yelverton’s Enrichment Services. During your first month with YES, you will:
- Attend “Core Trainings,” communicated during your orientation class
- Select your benefit elections
- Be assigned to special training classes, depending on your job category
- You’ll start contributing from day one: You’ll feel like part of the team right from the beginning, bringing your knowledge, experience, and ideas into an inclusive and collaborative environment.